Have you been “wanting to treat” private patients for years but always come up excuses why you can’t?
Learn to treat private clients "on the side"!
- Scared to make a mistake
- Not confident enough to market yourself
- Unsure of how much to charge
- Terrified of paying taxes
Nearly every SLP/OT/PT I’ve helped has said the same thing.
That is, until they read the step-by-step book that turns those fears around, for good.
In A Nutshell:
The Guide to Private Patients teaches you everything you need to know about the scary business stuff— including information about liability, documentation, taxes, marketing — to successfully treat your own private speech, occupational or physical therapy clients. Want it? See below.
Available Now: eBook & Coil Bound Versions
You’re already a skilled physical, occupational or speech therapist- now you need the business skills to flourish with your own independent practice. The Guide to Private Patients is available as an eBook for $49.95. Immediately after you purchase the eBook, an e-mail will be sent to you containing a PDF attachment for you to save on your computer and print out at your leisure. This option is best for those who want to get started right away and are computer savvy (or at least used to downloading attachments). The Guide to Private Patients is also available in a coil-bound paperback version for $64.95. Once purchased, a physical copy of the book will be mail to your doorstep within 48 hours.
What Is Possible
Seeing private patients opens up a world of opportunities. Understanding the possibilities helps you see your future:
- Have the clinical freedom and independence you crave, while making the money you deserve.
- You already have the clinical skills, now is your chance to put those skills to work for your patients AND yourself.
- Make a name for yourself outside of your primary work setting
- Treat one, two or many private patients per month and earn thousands of extra dollars per year (even an extra paycheck each week!)
- Be one of “those clinicians” who sees patients privately – get referrals from co-workers and friends
- Gain experience and increase your confidence in starting your own private practice
- Which of These Powerful Tools Will Help You Learn to Treat Private Patients?
- Complete Information Related to Getting Started with Professional Liability Insurance and an Organized System of Documentation
- Simple Ways to Build Your Caseload with Ideal Patients Through Marketing Your Services to Colleagues and the Public
- A Complete Bullet Outline of The Process of Treating Private Patients
- Forms and Templates to Neatly Organize Patient Information
- Walks You Through the Necessary Business Skills Needed to Run a Private Patient Business
- Information on How To Set Your Hourly Rate and Get a Fair Price for Your Services
- How to Get the Most from Your Practice by Becoming an Insurance Provider
- Personal Tips From Me Throughout the Entire Process
What Chapters Does The Independent Clinician Guide Include?
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Documentation 101
- Marketing Your Private Patient Business
- Business Skills & Mindset
- Money! Set Your Hourly Rate & Track Your Income
- Becoming a Health Insurance Provider
- Taxes and Tax Deductions
- Promote Yourself Online- For Free!
Stop Dreaming. Start Today.
What if it's not what I expected?
If you are not satisfied with The Guide to Private Patients for any reason we will refund 100% of your purchase price, guaranteed.
Is The Guide to Private Patients right for me if…
…I’ve never treated privately?
Yes! I wrote this book with you in mind. When I first got started, there weren’t any resources available related to learning how to treat private patients- so I learned all I could and wrote a book about my experiences. The Guide to Private Patients covers all of the business aspects of learning to treat privately that you need to know. We’ve got tips, step-by-step guides, templates, worksheets, quizzes, etc.
…I only want to see one or two patients?
Yes! When I first started out I only saw one patient. Then I saw two. Then three. I became overwhelmed when I tried to see four – all while working my 32 hour “regular” job. This book is written for those who are not looking to leave a job, but supplement their full or part-time work by treating a few patients “on the side.”
…I want to open (or already have) a free standing private practice
Maybe not. While I have had a few people buy my book who were looking to start full-blown free standing private practices, this is not my intended audience. There are many more factors that go into having a free standing practice: renting space, dealing with business insurance, hiring employees, etc. that most clinicians who are just looking to treat a few patients don’t need to know about. Having said that, plenty of the information in the book would be applicable to those with a free standing private practice- but on a smaller scale. I don’t have a free standing private practice and would not claim to be an expert in that area. There are people who have written books about opening a full private practice. You might be better off buying their book
I have only had two people as for a refund my book. Both were owners of free standing private practices. One had been open for 15 years, the other for 25 years. Neither were the intended audience for this book- which they didn’t realize prior to purchasing. I returned their money, no questions asked and no hard feelings on either side. In fact, both have referred other colleagues to this site.